Thursday, 19 June 2014

Monochrome Mania

Since returning from Amsterdam I have become a little obsessed with monochrome interiors. This trend has been in my mind for some time, but now i just want to go around the whole of our home, making each room black & white.

When I say black & white, I actually mean monochrome tones, a touch of grey, putty or stone works equally well with black and this beautiful home, shown in Elle decoration back in February, is a perfect example of a restrained colour palette.





The addition of warm tones and other textures such as leather, wood and willow avoid the scheme from becoming too sterile.

Home owned and designed by Pietro Castagna
Photography by Stefania Giorgi



2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Another lovely home. I love this look and yet it appears so comfortable. The balance is just right. Oh I wish -- that I could go through my home and start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know wouldn't it be great if we all had an endless money pit we could dip into every time we wanted to change something in our homes?

    ReplyDelete